I am often asked by parents what results they can expect from the math tutoring I provide. As you can imagine, the results I experience with students varies widely. I have seen students go from failing grades to respectable B's. I have seen many students go from B's to A's and many others go from C's to B+ or higher. What makes the difference are the following:
1. How receptive the student is to being tutored.
2. The desire of the student to achieve higher.
3. How regularly the student is tutored.(most students I see once a week, a few I see twice a week.)
4. The willingness of the student to use the tutoring as something additional to their class and not as a replacement for their class.
5. A little extra time spent on their own doing homework and practice problems.
Everyone I have ever worked with has always showed some level of improvement(that is as long as #4 is implemented). The exact grade earned is the outcome of many factors but having the individualized attention that a tutor provides often makes achieving a higher grade much more attainable and I have become accustomed to regularly seeing impressive results.
Helping students succeed in math for over 10 years. Individualized attention makes the difference!